In September of 2004 my son came from Denver to reconstruct our front porch. Nevertheless, he and I still managed to ride the entire Katy Train and then some - the "long" of it.
- Day 1 - drive to the then new Page Avenue Bridge trail head; leave the car there and bike to the Kirkwood Amtrak station; take the late train to Warrensburg - lodging Econolodge
- Day 2 - Warrensburg to Clinton via Mo 13 and Clinton to Windsor. - 49 mi - Windsor Motel
- Day 3 - Windsor to Booneville - 56 mi - Homestead Motel
- Day 4 - Booneville to Tebbetts - 62 mi - Turner Katy Trail Shelter
- Day 5 - Tebbetts to Marthasville - 54 mi - camp at Community Club Park
- Day 6 - Marthasville to Page Avenue Bridge trailhead; drive to Augusta; bike Augusta back to Marthasville, drive home - 47
Because I enjoyed the trail so much, I planned a shorter ride with Jeanine for September 2006. Instead the entire trail, we would do only Sedailia to Herman, and instead of 47 to 62 miles per day, only 22 to 40.
- Day 1 - drive to Hermann Amtrak station, leave car at McKittrick trail head, take late train to Sedalia - lodging Hotel Bothwell
- Day 2 - Sedalia to Booneville - 35 mi - Homestead Motel
- Day 3 - Booneville to Hartsburg - 40 mi - Hartsburg Inn B&B
- Day 4 - Hartsburg to Tebbetts - 22 mi - Turner's Katy Trail Shelter
- Day 5 - Tebbetts to Mckittrick, drive home - 31 mi.